Parents warned to keep alcohol-based sanitisers out of their homes

BBC reported teenagers have been using alcohol-based hand sanitizers to get drunk due to their low cost and accessibility. Experts note that consumption can lead to blindness, diarrhoea and irreversible damage to internal organs

A recent story from Mail Online reports two boys (13yrs old) who attempted to poison their teacher by pouring hand sanitiser into her daily cup of tea. The teacher ended up having to attend the doctor with stomach problems.

The damaging effects of ingesting these products are clear. For this reason, parents are warned to keep such alcohol-based products out of their homes and away from their children.

In comparison, Aquaint is so safe that it has passed UK drinking water tests, yet is antibacterial and maintains the power of these alcohol-based sanitisers.

For more information see:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17850394

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2299902/Middle-school-students-13-tried-poison-teacher-squeezing-hand-sanitizer-daily-cup-tea-THREE-MONTHS.html

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s